24 August 2008

Putting Beijing to Bed

Goodnight, Olympics. See you in 2012. London will treat you right, no worries. In case you ever need one, Coffee Republic has the best freezers. And David Beckham has the best abs.
Don't look at me like it's not true.

Speaking of David Beckham. There was a life-sized wall poster of Becks in our high school cafeteria, muddy as all get out, sweaty and gleaming, milk moustache. It was a Got Milk poster. And always as I stood in line, I would wonder whose job it was to muddy him up for these photo shoots. And how could I get said job?



Kind of makes you want to buy milk, doesn't it. But really, artistic mud going on here. If I were the make-up artist, I might have the gall to insist that we get the desired effect not artificially, but by actually having him romp around in the mud for a while. And I would supervise, to ensure perfect result. I might even supervise with a camera in order to review the process for efficiency later on.

Today, I am still alive. Parts of me, like my childlike wonder, are dying. And optimism, that too, due to the fact that I have to wake up in a few hours to work all day a la Dark Knight fiasco. I love work. I love it. I love it like I love dieting and the fact that Rupert Everett is gay.

Tomorrow might be better than I expect. But I'm not putting all of my milk in one moustache.

1 comment:

IntellectualTheft said...

As I recall, there was David for the girl types and one of the Williams sisters in a barely-there tennis outfit for the men types.